Last Updated: October 30, 2020
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect various information from or about you or your devices from multiple sources, as described below.
If you choose not to provide your information when requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with our Services or if we are legally required to collect it.
A. Information You Provide to Us.
Profile Information. Our business customers provide us with information about employees, such as names, contact information, or information about job titles and roles. In addition, our business customers can designate individuals who are eligible for “administrator” or “manager” accounts. If you are registered for one of these accounts, your email address will serve as your username, and we will ask you to set up a password.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact us for support, we may receive your name, email address, phone number, company name, company size, contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to our newsletter, then we will collect certain information from you, such as your email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
B. Information We Collect When You Use Our Services.
Location Information. We do not track your location; however when you have our web pages open to use our Service, we may infer your general location information (for example, your IP address may indicate your general geographic region). We use this to protect our data from malicious access, for example.
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including internet protocol (IP) address, web browser type, operating system version, and device type and manufacturer. We might use this data to inform product design and ensure our product supports our customers’ devices and systems.
Usage Information. We automatically receive information about your interactions with our services, such as the pages you visit and content you view, the time spent viewing our pages, and your visits’ dates and times. This information helps us understand your needs and improve our offering.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
C. Information We Receive from Third Parties.
We may receive additional information about you, such as company size, industry, and headquarters location, from third parties such as marketing partners and combine it with other information we have about you.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials about TeamSense that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
- To personalize your experience on our Services such as presenting tailored content;
- To send you push notifications;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- To de-identify and aggregate information collected through the Services and use it for any lawful purpose;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
While we collect health-related data we do not use it for any purpose beyond providing our Services.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Marketing. We do not rent or sell any information about you. We do not share your information to other companies for direct-marketing purposes.
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information (except health-related data) we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices here, and opt-out by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available here.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may disclose and transfer your information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
Consent. We may also disclose information from or about you or your devices with your permission.
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
If you choose not to provide us with information we collect, some features of our Services may not work as intended.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as our Services are hosted electronically, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
If you have an administrator account, you can update your profile information through your profile settings or by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy and security is at the core of what TeamSense does, and we take it very seriously. You are trusting us with important, personal information and we appreciate your trust.
We work hard to make sure you feel confident in TeamSense, and want to make sure you know that…
- ...we NEVER sell or rent your information to non-affiliated companies
- ...we encrypt all your data (in transit and at rest)
- ...we store all data in AWS data centers that meet SOC 2, ISO 27001, and numerous other standards for security
- ...we limit access to your survey responses to specific individuals designated by your employer
Your exact responses (which include your specific responses to questions about symptoms) are confidential, and only accessible by individuals designated by your employer. Typically, these are individuals in HR, and other select leaders who help respond if an individual receives an "Alert."
The result of your responses (red ALERT or green CLEAR) may be shared with other individuals in the organization, also designated by your employer. These individuals will NOT see the details of your responses.
Access is defined by each organization, so you can reach out to the individuals managing the roll-out of TeamSense for specifics pertaining to your employer.
TeamSense does not access individual responses to surveys. We limit access to systems that store personal data to a small group of individuals to keep our systems responsive, available, and secure.
As with the majority of websites today, we collect data to help serve you in the event of any issues and to help improve our services. These data are generally evaluated in aggregate to help us understand patterns (In other words, we're not "zooming in" to look at data for particular individuals, and in many cases cannot tie data to particular individuals even if we wanted to - which we don't).
Examples of data we might collect include:
- Technology: We collect information about what technology our customers use to access TeamSense - for example, devices, operating systems, browsers, etc.. This kind of information helps us design and test our product to support the technology you choose to use.
- Usage: We collect information about how TeamSense is used (such as how long it takes individuals to complete a survey, which pages are viewed, etc.), so we can identify opportunities to improve our product.
- Errors: We collect information on any errors an individual encounters while using TeamSense, so we can help troubleshoot the issue.
- Location: We do not "track" your location, but we do infer your general regional area (e.g., city or metropolitan area) when you have our webpages open. This information enables us to do things like block malicious access from places where we do not have customers.
Absolutely NOT. We do not rent or sell information about you to non-affiliated companies.